Ultheraphy® is a non-invasive procedure FDA approved to LIFT the skin in the neck, chin & brow.
Focused ultrasound energy is delivered non-invasively and heats deep tissue without affecting the surface of the skin. This causes a natural, regenerative response. Unlike other types of ultrasound, there will be a sensation of heat. Ulthera® is used to lift the skin on the face and neck. Common treatment areas include:
- Brows and forehead
- Neck (“turkey neck”)
- Stretch marks
Non-invasive ultrasound energy generates low levels of heat in the targeted skin. This stimulates the cells for collagen production and tissue rejuvenation.
With just one treatment, HIFU pushes mature skin to start working hard again. The result will come in few months after treatment.
It is effective for the following indications:
- Blurred jawline
- Drooping, especially around the mouth
- Sagging eyelids
- Loose neck folds
- Thin, crepe-y skin
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Minor redness and dryness
- Uneven skin tone or texture
- Large pores
What Happens After the Treatment?
- You may return to normal activities immediately. Any flushing or redness should resolve within a few hours
- It is not uncommon to experience slight swelling for a few days following the procedure, or tingling/tenderness to the touch for days to weeks following the procedure, but these are mild and temporary in nature
- Occasional temporary effects can include bruising or welts, which resolve in days, or numbness in a select area, which resolves in weeks
- Many observe immediate tightening but more visible result will come in few months after the treatment
- Upon treatment, the regenerative process is initiated, but the full effect will build gradually over the course of two to three months with continued improvements up to 6 months post treatment.