Thermage® FLX, the fifth-generation development following CPT, represents the cutting edge of Thermage® technology today. Distinguished for its unique ability to rebuild and tighten skin on various parts of the body, Thermage® FLX is a game-changer in body contour reshaping.
How Thermage® FLX Stands Out
Unlike laser treatments or technologies that merely heat the skin’s surface, Thermage® FLX employs radiofrequency technology to heat both the dermal layer and subcutaneous tissues to a temperature between 65-75 degrees Celsius. Simultaneously, a cooling agent ensures the epidermal layer stays at a comfortable 45 degrees Celsius. Combined with patented Comfort Pulse Technology (CPT), the use of micro-vibrations and distributed cooling techniques minimizes discomfort, thereby enhancing patient tolerance during the treatment.
Thermage® Treatment Process
- Prior treatment, patients take pain relievers.
- The physician determines the treatment areas.
- For treating the skin around the eyes, protective eyewear is worn.
- The treatment procedure includes:
- Placing the probe in the treatment area.
- Cooling the skin with the probe to ensure surface comfort and safety.
- Initiating vibrations to reduce the discomfort caused by heat until the energy output is complete.
- Penetrating deep into the skin with Radio Frequency (RF) and heating to stimulate collagen growth.
- Performing the final surface cooling process.
- Continuing until all treatment pulses are complete.
Areas Treated by Thermage®
Thermage® effectively treats various facial and body areas including the forehead, eyebrows, around the eyes, mouth, jawline or chin, and the neck. Body areas treated include the arms, hands, abdomen, buttocks, thighs, and knees.
Common Questions About Thermage® Treatment
How Many Generations of Thermage® Exist?
The fifth generation of Thermage®, known as Thermage® FLX, was launched at the end of 2017. The latest technology involves the use of a Thermage® FLX probe replacing the fourth-generation Total Tip probe. The Thermage® FLX, compared to the fourth-generation Thermage® facial probe, incorporates the novel AccuREP™ technology. This automatically measures and adjusts energy output before each emission, enhancing treatment outcomes and comfort.
What is the Thermage® Treatment Procedure?
Thermage® is a safe, non-invasive monopolar radiofrequency (RF) cosmetic procedure. Clinically proven to smooth and tighten the skin and define contours, this treatment offers natural results with virtually no recovery time. It’s suitable for various skin types and can be performed on the face or body once a year.
What is the Technology Behind Thermage® Treatment?
Thermage® employs radiofrequency technology to heat collagen-rich layers deep in the skin. The thermal energy tightens existing collagen and stimulates new collagen formation, reducing skin sagging, restoring contours, and improving the skin’s surface smoothness and texture.
What are the Indications for Thermage®?
Thermage® is suitable for non-invasive wrinkle treatment and temporary improvement of cellulite.
What Does the Thermage® Treatment Process Feel Like?
During the treatment, you may experience a brief cooling sensation when the device contacts the skin, followed by a deeper heat sensation, then another cooling feeling. The heat you feel is due to the skin’s deeper layers reaching the effective temperature for tightening. Throughout the treatment, your physician will continuously ask about your comfort level to maintain an optimal balance between comfort and effectiveness.
When Do the Results Show Up?
Thermage® results appear gradually, with the most dramatic results visible after a period of two to six months. However, many patients notice an immediate tightening and firming effect post-treatment. This immediate effect is due to existing collagen contracting, while the long-term tightening and contouring effect occurs due to new collagen formation. The effects of Thermage® can last several years, depending on the individual’s skin condition and natural aging process.
What are the Possible Side Effects of Thermage® Treatment?
Thermage® generally has a good safety profile with side effects being rare and usually mild. Some possible side effects include:
- Redness: Temporary redness in the treated area is common but typically resolves within a few hours after treatment.
- Swelling: Mild swelling may occur, especially when treating areas around the eyes. This usually subsides within 24-48 hours.
- Tingling or Numbness: Some people may experience a temporary tingling or numbness in the treated area. This sensation usually resolves on its own.
- Slight discomfort or pain: The heat used during treatment can cause discomfort or pain, but this is usually temporary and manageable. Your doctor will work with you during the procedure to manage any discomfort.
- Temporary bumps or welts: These can occur on the skin, but they usually disappear shortly after treatment.
- Rare side effects: More severe but very rare side effects include blistering, burns, skin indentations, or scarring. These side effects are extremely uncommon and are often the result of an improper technique or incorrect device setting.
Before undergoing the procedure, it’s important to discuss any concerns or potential side effects with your doctor. Also, ensure your treatment is performed by a certified and trained professional to minimize the chance of these side effects occurring.
The Thermage® FLX system is a proven, unique radiofrequency treatment that can help improve the appearance of sagging or loose skin, giving you a smoother, sleeker, and younger look and feel. Thermage® works in just one treatment with little down time and delivers a natural-looking result. It’s you, just younger-looking and more confident.