Juvederm® VOLUX contains hyaluronic acid (HA) and uses the unique patented VYCROSS® technology1,2. Juvederm® VOLUX contains 25mg/ ml hyaluronic acid which is the highest concentration in the range of Juvederm® products. The product has been specially formulated to restore and create volume in the chin and jaw area2 for up to 18-24 months3.
As we get older, several factors can contribute to how the lower face ages including genetics5, soft tissue and bone structure changes6, repetitive facial expressions7 and environmental elements5. Many people start to lose definition around the chin, neck and jawline area8, often changing the shape of the face8.
Interestingly, Allergan research shows that 51% (n = 870) of people want to change their lower face shape4. In other research, women report the ideal lower face shape is a symmetrical, ‘oval’ shape with good proportion, which provides a defined jaw line with clear definition between the neck and chin area9.
Facial shape changes as we age, the loss in fat and collagen around lower face will lead to the appearance of jowls and lose its plumpness. Juvederm® VOLUX is able to redefine the lower face without the need of surgery. The harder gel in Juvederm® VOLUX will give adequate support and volume to restore its youthfulness.
The importance of facial definition
Consumer research shows that 7 in 10 (70% / n = 17,929) of people care about the way their face looks10, and according to many experts the appearance of the lower face can play an important role in our perceived facial attractiveness11.
Beauty is often described using three key tenets: symmetry, balance and harmony12. Some women describe the ideal lower face shape as a defined jawline and a firm, toned chin9.
Juvederm® VOLUX, a structural gel, now provides a treatment option for those want to define the chin and jawline areas1,2.
Like many other facial filler products within the Juvederm® range, Juvederm® VOLUX contains lidocaine for a more comfortable treatment experience1.
- Juvederm® VOLUX Directions for Use. 72778JR10. Revision 2018-07-26
- Allergan. Data on File. INT/0654/2018. Juvederm® VOLUX final clinical study report & clinical evaluation report – efficacy and duration data. Oct 2018.
- Allergan. Data on File. INT/0074/2019.Juvederm VOLUX Final Clinical Evaluation Report. Jan 2019
- Allergan Inc. Unpublished Data. Global dermal filler new concept research (chin and jawline), 2013. INT/0342/2018. June 2018.
- Hartstein ME et al. Midfacial Rejuvenation. Springer 2012. ISBN 978146141007-2_2
- Mendelson B, Wong CH. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2012;36:753–60.
- Trojahn C et al. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015. Article ID 318586.
- Coleman SR, Grover R. Aesthet Surg J. 2006;26:S4–S9.
- Allergan unpublished data. INT/0372/2018. Ideal lower face shape as reported by consumers. June 2018.
- Unpublished data. INT/0162/2018b. The importance of Trust in Beauty survey – Additional consumer data April 2018.
- Naini FB. Chapter 20. The Chin. In: Naini FB, et al. Facial Aesthetics: Concepts & Clinical Diagnosis. 2013. Blackwell Publishing. ISBN: 9781118786567;
- Swift A, Remington, K. A Global Approach to Facial Beauty. Clin Plstic Surg 28 (2011:347-377.
- Ogilvie P et al. Poster Presentation at Aesthetic & Anti-Aging Medicine World Congress (AMWC), Monte Carlo; 2019. VYC-25L Hyaluronic Acid for Chin and Jaw Restoration: 18-Month Safety and Effectiveness Results.