LM SKINCENTRE Hong Kong introduces HArmonyCa dermal filler which is designed to restore facial volume and correct deficiencies by promoting the generation of natural endogenous collagen. HArmonyCa is based on a composite matrix of cross-linked Hyaluronic Acid embedding Calcium Hydroxyapatite microspheres.
What is the composition?
- Calcium Hydroxyapatite (55.7%)
- Sodium Hyaluronate gel (20 mg/ml), cross-linked (BDDE <2 ppm)
- Lidocaine for extra comfort
What are the advantages of HArmonyCa?
- Provides a strong volumising, lifting effect
- Susceptible to Hyaluronidase
- Reduced side effects, such as burning sensation, edema and pain
- Promotes generation of natural collagen
- Non-animal origin Hyaluronic Acid
- Biocompatible and biodegradable
Special features of HArmonyCa:
The concentration of each active ingredient is similar to that of Calcium Hydroxyapatite and Hyaluronic Acid dermal fillers combined in one syringe.
Collagen stimulation increases due to the combination of both active ingredients, providing a long lasting effect.
The presence of Hyaluronic Acid elevates skin hydration and moisture.
Calcium Hydroxyapatite is added during the cross-linking process, generating a stable, inseparable gel.
The Composite Matrix gel can prevent microspheres aggregation and dispersion, keeping the microspheres within their desired location
Calcium Hydroxyapatite stimulates collagen production, while Hyaluronic Acid forms a supporting extracellular matrix, which modulates fibroblasts proliferation.
What is the mechanism of action?
IMMEDIATE – A volumising effect and a full glowing look is immediately apparent due to the presence of Hyaluronic Acid.
LONG LASTING – The Calcium Hydroxyapatite microspheres form a scaffold supporting fibroblasts ingrowth. The Hyaluronic Acid binds to fibrin, which generates the supporting extracellular matrix. A “hyaline cartilage like” formation is generated by differentiating fibroblasts cells into chondroblasts, which deposit endogenous collagen- the natural lifting agent of the skin. Degradation of the gel is synchronous with neo-collagen production resulting in a natural, youthful, long-lasting appearance.
What is the structure under microscope?
HArmonyCa composite matrix is comprised of Calcium Hydroxyapatite microspheres that are strongly embedded within high quality cross linked Hyaluronic Acid.
- The Calcium Hydroxyapatite microspheres are round, non-porous and smooth, enabling easy extrusion.
- The microsphere diameter (25-45 microns) minimizes risk of particle migration and phagocytosis which, in addition to the microspheres’ integration within a net of cross-linked Hyaluronic Acid, ensures a smooth appearance.
- Microspheres embedded within cross-linked Hyaluronic Acid helps preserve the balance between microsphere consolidation and dissemination.
Questions and Answers
How long does HArmonyCa treatment take?
A treatment takes approximately 30 minutes allowing you to go straight back to your normal daily life.
How many sessions are generally needed for HArmonyCa treatment?
With HArmonyCa, only one session is needed to obtain immediate results and long-lasting correction.
What should I do following HArmonyCa treatment?
It is recommended to avoid hot bathing and vigorous exercise for 24 hours and over-exposure to the sun and UV light for 1 week after treatment.
Are there any side effects for HArmonyCa treatment?
As with any injection there may be side effects such as localised redness, swelling and bruising. For more information, please contact your doctor.
What is the price of HArmonyCa treatment in Hong Kong?
It depends on the number of HArmonyCa syringes you require. For more information about the price, contact us for more details.